At Marlborough Infant School, we believe all members of the school community should be treated equally, fairly and with respect. In order to comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty, the school will have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics - between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity through the following objectives:
- Publish and promote the equality policy on the website.
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement and act on any treads or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- Ensure that displays in classrooms and corridors promote diversity in terms of race, gender and ethnicity.