Marlborough Infant School in North Camp, Aldershot has been an educational establishment for over 120 years. The original name is reported to be the ‘Garrison Brigade School’ which was staffed by members of the Queens Army Schoolmistresses. In 1948 the Hampshire Education Authority took over the responsibility for staffing and for the maintenance of the building and grounds, paying the Defence Land Agents an annual rent.
In June 1997 the School celebrated it’s Centenary. On the final day of events the whole school dressed up in Victorian costumes, a photograph to commemorate this event can be seen outside the school office.
The Victorian building offers accommodation for up to four classes on two floors, including a hall and servery upstairs. For a number of years children have benefited from having a well-equipped Early Years Unit located adjacent to the main building. This self contained classroom provides a safe environment for our youngest children.
The surrounding environment offers a sports field, an inspiring outdoor Maths area, an adventure playground, a tarmac playground and a cultivated conservation area. This includes a bird garden, wild area and a number of raised beds and tubs. Children are encouraged to grow plants and observe wildlife.
The School is surrounded by Lille Barracks and the newly-developed Tournai Barracks. The neighbouring Clocktower building accomodates the Clocktower Pre-School and other clubs and organisations run by the Army.